Sunday 16 August 2015

Wedding day diary

Found my little old diary
Notes from my wedding day
Family gathered together
To help celebrate our day
Richard came from Darwin
Brought BooBoo along too
Denis was best man
Debbie was Matron of Honour
I collected my dress
From Ferrari Dress Circle
It cost $100 to hire
Tiara, veil and all
Felt like a princess
Going to a ball...
My ribbons were royal blue
My favourite colour...true
We all wore matching shades
Mum and dad, my brother 
Debbie and Denis too
Rostrevor College chapel
Was the pretty little venue
Father Winter presided
Family and friends came together
From Adelaide and the Riverland too
45 close friends celebrated 
At the Townhouse in Hindley St
On the 26th of May 1979
I found a note from the next day
About what Geordie and Dij had done!
Painting the car with lipstick
Rolled toilet paper everywhere
They'd removed the number plate too
As I recall, swapped it with another
Then because Geordie was a cop
He decided: that just wouldn't do!
Ah the things that you remember
When you read a little bit
Yes, memories come flooding back
Even those little things that
Had totally skipped your mind too...









No comments:

Post a Comment