Tuesday 18 August 2015

Pain among the lemons

There could be a joke to tell
But it wasn't funny at all
I slipped on the lemon trailer
Hurt my poor back again
I was sorting out rotten lemons
Tossing them out into the bin
When I slipped as I was working
Ah the pain was terrible...
I was in the back of the semi trailer
I remember screaming...
Was it a silent scream from hell?
Or did I actually let it out?
I really cannot remember it that well
But the pain was remorseless
It was unrelenting to say the least
Pain and more pain: ah the screams
Going on within my poor old head
Shooting down my backbone
Screaming throughout my poor body
I was in agony from that little slip
I was unable to continue on
I had to leave work that day
Had to go back to the doctors again
For I'd hurt my back...worse than before
And now I was suffering as well!
Tuesday the 21st of October 1980


No comments:

Post a Comment