Tuesday 4 August 2015

Shrunken heads

Shrunken heads upon normal torsos
It might sound weird: even more so
For though our heads remained the same
It was the feeling I experienced that came
Upon me one terrible night: after a fight
Though we lay next to each other upon our bed
It was distance that rebounded within my head
Our bodies almost touching as was the norm
Yet our minds so far apart as to create a storm
Was I simply imagining this amazing phenomenon?
No I felt it many a time: but as it came: was gone
Ah the depth of deception as time went on
What was a rare occurrence sadly became the norm
No longer did we talk dear: it was such a shame I fear
We no longer listened; went about our days dear
Pretending to the world that we were fine: were in decline
Behind closed doors: we sang a very different tune
Time flew by so quickly: our love grew ever sickly
Sadly our love diminished: finally it was finished
The distance grew between us like a cancer in the dark
Ah...my love: you were no longer: our life: cold and stark
Yes, it was as if we were two tiny shrunken heads...
Lying upon our pillows...until our love was irreparably dead





No comments:

Post a Comment