Sunday 30 August 2015

Rope burn

I tried to tie you up
You were going crazy: barking
Every time the arrows flew
You knew: you had to chase them up
It was a dangerous thing to do
No doubting...
I felt sorry that you cried out
Each time you squealed and yelped
It sounded like you'd been shot
Like as not...
The neighbours weren't delighted
So I took a rope to you
Undid your short lead strap
Made it longer so you could move
But I forgot how strong you were
I cried out as the rope pulled through
It burned: my skin: on fire too!
But at least you could now move
Just a little bit it's true
Peace returned as you finally learned
You had to stay out of the firing line
I knew you would be fine
That rope burn was worth the pain
You would be safe once again
And everyone could play a while
Shooting arrows all the while
Enjoying the activity...
Without your constant crazy barking

No comments:

Post a Comment