Tuesday 18 August 2015

Hospitalised for back pain

I was hospitalised for my terrible back pain
For some "traction" and physiotherapy again
Doped out on 2 Valium morning and night
Dear Diary I certainly didn't remember my plight
I had vague recollections I must admit
But now it's all coming back; I remember it
Started on the Monday 22nd of September
Back in 1980...
Barmera Hospital in the Riverland...
Slept most of the time...woken at 6 am 
7:30 the nurses came: changed the sheets
Had to have my shower: same deal 
Each and every single day...
Lunch at 12 noon then physiotherapy till 1pm
Then traction once again... 
Visitors came and went...I can't remember them
Deb came in to visit, said she'd come again
Tim visited too, with Ian and Kathy in tow
Mum and dad came in as well...
Even Uncle Tony and Auntie Martha came
Brought Trisha to see me too
Mr and Mrs Vajda visited now and then
After three or four days the pain was reduced
I was able to cut down on those pain pills
The pain was almost gone away
Dr Matthews came on Friday and said to me
"You can go home tomorrow morning okay?"
Jenny and Tony Beech had a little girl
While I was in the hospital for my stay
Carly Ann Beech was born on that Wednesday
She was delivered safely via C-Section
Thank God for blessed memories I say!





No comments:

Post a Comment