Sunday 16 August 2015

Memories of my wedding day

The reception was a small affair
45 people were invited to have fun
Most were from Tim's huge family
His mum was one of 14 children
He had heaps of cousins to invite
They all came to eat and drink with us
To enjoy and celebrate our wedding vows
Many photographs were taken
Many toasts were drank to us too
Mostly adults came along
A few children we invited too
My cousins were living in Melbourne
So only the youngest were there
My uncles and aunts and family friends
Tim's work mates numbered a few
Of mine I only invited two...
I recall I was going to change into a blue dress
But I changed my mind and wore
A suit that Aunt Imelda had given to me
It was gold with brown piping
Plain and boring as I recall
But now I'm glad I wore it
For she is long gone...
Sadly, only one brother is still living
Of that large family: only uncle Paddy remains
Ah how time passes and family members
Go to God along the way
Who knows how long we all will live
Who knows who else remembers?
My long ago wedding day...




No comments:

Post a Comment