Tuesday 18 August 2015

Roller Skating at Downtown

There was a roller skating rink
Upstairs at "Downtown" in Hindley Street
It was an 80's fun parlour...
Full of noisy games and things
I guess you could call it that..."fun parlour"
You had to leave your home to have some 
Back in those crazy days...
There were Space Invader machines
All sorts of shooting galleries...
Big consoles at which you took a seat
Or little tables with built-in games
Like Galaxians and other weird names
We went with Ian and Kathy...
Roller skating was great exercise
We had lots of fun up there
Trying not to fall over as we rolled around
I remember how hot I got...
After all that exercise...
Taking off my T-shirt from underneath
Replacing my bright striped top
It was open at the sides...
I still recall the faces of a couple of young guys
Looking a little embarrassed...
After I must have flashed them
When I skated past...


No comments:

Post a Comment