Wednesday 26 August 2015

Dreaming of freedom

We all have dreams
We all crave freedom
Be it just a simple thing
Like a few minutes free
We are lost in these lives
We are struggling to cope
Wondering...
"What is left for me?"
"Why am I lost at sea?"
"Where is this freedom?"
That was promised me
Troubles seem to beset us
Troubles come and never go
Until we ask ourselves the question
What am I here for, dear Lord?
And why can I not see the sky?
There are clouds all around me
There are tempests everywhere
What am I doing wrong?
Does anybody really care? 
Where is this blessed freedom?
Where is this peace that sets us free?

You will find the blessed freedom
You will find the peace you seek 
If you turn your eyes upon Jesus 
and allow Him into your heart dear
For his lifeblood was given up for thee

2 comments:

  1. I love your poetry
    The way you write is infectious as your words weave a tale of inspiration
    I also like your rhythm as the piece flows so beautifully it allows one to picture what it is you are saying


    Love your work
    Look forward to reading your books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you la Shawna...I really appreciate your viewing and comments.

    ReplyDelete