Wednesday 26 August 2015

Prelude to a new life

What does this life have to offer?
If you are afraid of love's first kiss?
How can a new love be welcome if you
Are afraid to move forward into bliss
Will you let your old fears be entertained?
Will you lose what you have newly gained?
Will fear of moving forward leave you in pain?
Ah the simple explanation that is to be gained
We tell ourselves we are not worthy of love
We listen to all those old wives tales...
We ignore the peace that settles into our souls
All because we fear that something will go astray
So we are reluctant...are immobilised by our fears
We give in to what others expect of us: tell us
We believe that everything is then impossible
We fall into old patterns and will not let them go
How can we move forward if we cannot let things go?
Where is our faith? Where is our belief  in life?
We cannot sail for better waters...
If we never lose sight of the shore...
So...I will let go of the guiding rails
I will welcome in the brand new day
I will let go of my past hurts
I will accept that life is good after all
For my faith in God is everything
In Him will I trust...I ask and He delivers
What more can I expect?
Life is never easy...should it be left up to Him?
Yes...absolutely! There is no better way
Trust in the almighty God who made us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment