Wednesday 15 January 2014

Change of heart

Sometimes we promise to do things
Sometime we assure our friends all day
But sometimes we turn our back on
The ones we should be helping all the way
What ever happened to keeping promises?
What ever happened to keeping our word?
When we go back on something already given
When we deliberately want a change of heart
That's when we hurt each other's feelings!
That's when we deliberately set out to hurt
Why promise the same thing for years on end?
Then take away the bridge that you have built?
I know that circumstances change: it's true but 
Jesus promised to deliver: promised to save!
He didn't leave us in this hell here: He said
He would come again to take us home!
I hold him to His promise: I wait upon my Lord
For I know that He will deliver: He will come!
Yes He will come again to take us home!

No comments:

Post a Comment