Wednesday 8 January 2014

I want you to stay!

My dear little Zac is almost three
He speaks so well for his age you see
He copies everything Santiago says
Santiago is his big brother: 6 years old
We recently visited my parents up in Berri
Then back to our home in Sedan for a night
Finally back to Glenelg for Santiago's birthday
I stayed over night: had a sleep-over: it was fun
We went shopping and he fell asleep: so tired he was
Then we had some dinner & I was ready to leave
He said "Please Nana, don't go!
I want you to stay! I said no! Stay!"
Tears were pouring out of his big brown eyes
He was so serious: so stern as he spoke
My poor little guy: desperate to have his Nana stay
Just for one more night! But I had to leave!
He was still crying as I climbed into my car
Oh my little darling: how I wanted to stay
Just to make him happy but as I said
"I'll be back in three days!" Not good enough for him!
He wanted me to stay right there & then! 
Precious little boy: I love you so!


No comments:

Post a Comment