Monday 13 January 2014

Passing strange

People just amaze me sometimes
With their total stupidity: dense?
Yes indeed! Why do those things?
Why act with such belligerence?
Why act with such indifference?
To the safety of others on the road?

Many years ago: as a little child
My Uncle Tony bought a new car
A Ford Custom line: just like ours
Only a different colour: beautiful!
We followed him along the road 
Had just travelled over the Ferry
At Kingston-on-Murray: heading off
Yes we were all going to Barmera
We were behind my uncle: not too close
We saw him as he was to overtake
The other car was going slowly
He had plenty of room to manouvre
But the driver: in his insanity: decided
Not to let him pass at all: speeding up
When ever my uncle would try to pass!
It happened several times as I recall
We were watching from behind him
Wondering at the craziness of that man
What possessed him to be so stupid?
What made him be so dangerous?
So spiteful to my dear uncle?
Was it simply because he was a young man?
Was it because he thought he owned the road?
Who thought to make us all dance to his tune!



No comments:

Post a Comment