Thursday 16 January 2014

In denial

Like Theoden King: he is hiding
He says he's thinking but I know
He's slowly sinking: this I vow!
He is in denial & with a smile he says
"I'm as close to perfect as I can be"
Lord what am I to do with someone who?
Does not want to make a change!
You might think it is very strange but
This is how it is: this ennui of his
Quite happy to wallow in his own filth
No thought of doing anything at all!
Why should I have to nag him: to drag him
To do those simple little things he should
If only I could move him; somehow improve him!
But it is like hitting a brick wall: no use at all!
It's like Satan has him in his grip: just waiting
For him to finally slip: over that last bumpy wall
Yes; Satan has him by the balls: he calls
The shots: he whispers into his dirty ears
Tells him things to goad his fears
Ignoring any other's pleas to mobilise him
Satan has poison darted him: un-started him
Yes he has him; firmly in his wiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment