Wednesday 22 January 2014

Serendipity Coincidence

What is serendipity? What is coincidence?
What is chance but an accident of fate?
I was driving home from Adelaide last night
Left Glenelg heading to St Clair to see Shelley
Then when I left there I decided to go home 
Via the Northern Expressway but got lost! 
Now this in itself is weird because I know Adelaide!
Somehow I ended up on Regency Road but
Went the wrong way to reach the express way
So there I was heading up Grand Junction Road!
The thought occurred to me call in on Kevin
Just to see how he was faring after the heat wave
He seemed a bit flustered at my call but said
"Come on over for a cuppa!" 
Now the weird thing is I don't even like coffee but
That's what I asked for when I called him up!
There I was having a cup of coffee with Kevin;
It all just happened "out of the blue" so to speak
We were having our chat & he said 
"Gloria's computer died and I'd just finished 
Fixing up her new little package about an hour ago
I was thinking that I would have to drive up to Sedan
But I really didn't want to drive all that way!
Isn't it amazing how serendipity works?
Because here you are: going home to Sedan!"


I just said God is amazing how he works it all out
Coincidence is just a word but God designs & it is done!

After I left Kevin I decided to go home via Chain of Ponds
Much quicker after going all the way up Grand Junction Road!
As I approached Main North East Road I was reminiscing
About all those times as a child that we visited our friends
Right there up the street in Valley View: what memories!
I drove down Nelson Road to Helen Terrace and found
The house we used to stay at so many times all those years ago
I decided to see if Szoszi Neni still lived there
I walked up to the door & knocked: a stranger answered
He said "yes she still lives here half the time but who is asking?"
"Suzie!" I replied then he opened up the door & asked me in
There in front of me was Steve: no longer a young lad
We were amazed and started chatting just like old times
All about the family visits: the summer holidays spent at Barmera
It was like time had stood still & we were young again!




No comments:

Post a Comment