Tuesday 21 January 2014

Down memory lane

Took a stroll down memory lane
Along a road well known to me
When I was both a child & teen
Wow! What an amazing journey!
Memories came back as if in a dream!
I drove along Helen Terrace, Valley View
Just like all those years ago: recalling
All those times we visited our friends
Seems like half a lifetime ago: I guess it was!
Still recall the time I insisted on packing
All of my own clothes for our trip
Decided I was grown up enough to do it
For myself: but I forgot to grab my case
As we left our home: what a mess I'd made!
I had to borrow one of Susie's leotards
Just so I could have a swim at the local pool
I felt like such a silly dill: felt even more uncomfortable still
As I swam around in those black leotards (a bit too big for me!)
I was so much happier in my two piece suit!

As I walked up those steps to knock upon the door
I remembered all those times I'd entered there
All those visits that we had made as a family
My brother there with me visiting our friends
Susie & Steve were of an age with us
Best friends we became for many long years
Until we grew up & married & went our separate ways
I remembered their beautiful dog Prince
Such a gorgeous Samoyed he was: a true prince!
Their visits to our home too: in Kingston-on-Murray
The water skiing at Lake Bonney in Barmera
Their boat the fishing trips just up the road 
Ah...so many wonderful memories came flooding back to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment