Friday 31 January 2014

The slap

He chased me around the corner of the old school house
We were playing just like every one else: I was running
Hid behind the rain water tank: squeezed right in
He saw me hiding there: followed me into that space
kissed me on the cheek: I wasn't afraid of him but
He had me in a corner: no escape: so I slapped him
It left a red mark upon his cheek: bright upon his face
I didn't know what to do: could think of nothing else!
As a last resort: cornered as I was: yes! I slapped him!
We were only 6 years old: way back then in 1963
He said he was in love with me: my feelings
Never came into the picture: he had a crush on me
He thought that's what you did when you loved someone
But I just needed to escape: yes escape & run!

We discussed the kiss a few years ago
We were so much older then: had children of my own
We met up in my old home town: Kingston-on-Murray
Right there: in front of the little shop: my cousin owned
We talked of old school days & childhood games
Then it was he confessed to me: of his childish love
How he thought that's what you did: kissed the one you loved!
But I couldn't really tell the honest truth: as I see it now
You see: my older cousin molested me: touched me
Those memories were the ones that came to mind
For the very reasons behind my flight: that's right!
I thought that maybe he might: want to touch me too!
That just wouldn't do! So as you know: I slapped him!




No comments:

Post a Comment