Tuesday 21 January 2014

Driven to distraction

We used to visit our friends in Valley View
During the school holidays: stayed a few days
Had some fun together either in Adelaide
Or at our home in Kingston-on-Murray during summer
Going swimming at Lake Bonney: what a lark!
Hiring paddle boards & swimming around
Fantastic summer fun: brown as berries!
Yes those were the days of summer: we enjoyed
I remember staying at Susie's place for a few days
Then we drove back to the Riverland with her family
I wanted to go with them because I thought it would be fun!
Boy was I distressed: Susie's dad would only drive
At 80 kpm all the way from the city to the Riverland
Stopping regularly to rest his car on the way!
He had one of those huge Yank-tanks: a Parisienne
It took about 5 hours for the trip that my dad drove in three
I only went with them that once: never again!
That was the one & only time I was "driven to distraction!"

No comments:

Post a Comment